Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TypeOh! Tuesday #50

Happy 50th Tuesday! Almost an entire year of TypeOh!s, kind of hard to believe. About 6 months ago, my friend Mark introduced me to The National, promising that their Alligator cd was among his top favorites. I gave it an honest listen, and had to agree with him. Because my 'honest listen' turned into about a month straight on repeat in my car and while I created at home, I was due for a bit of a break until I had revisited the album a few weeks ago. I had the cd going in my car at the end of last week, and after I took my exit off the interstate, I was kind of in a daydream as I waited for the green light. The very end of The Geese of Beverly Road was playing, and I caught the last lyric in time to process it and have one of those, 'whoa, that was pretty nice!' moments. I backed the track up, and sure enough, the last lyric was what I thought: serve me the sky with a big slice of lemon. Crazy how I hadn't noticed it before. The imagery was too awesome to pass up, hence this week's type..and if you want to give the full track a listen, the song is below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...