Thursday, May 19, 2011

The National Stationery Show + NYC

So I think I should warn you ahead of time how massive this post is. I guess you don't realize how much you actually experienced until you go through your capture-all-awesome-moments photo collection..which is what I ended up with. An amazing collection of amazing experiences elapsed over three unforgettable days.

After I arrived Saturday afternoon, we walked around the city, got some extra awesome ny pizza, then walked the brooklyn bridge later that night. It drizzled/misted a little, but just felt perfectly refreshing on such a cool night.











The next morning we got to Javits just before 730, just in time to get registered for the Seth Godin lecture and panel discussion! I was soooo stoked to see him speak, I had watched what seems like every talk he's done that have been put online. I never thought I'd be just a few rows back while he delivered one of his super inspirational talks! After the lecture, the show had gotten well underway and we went off to explore. One of the first things we came across was a paper runway, all of these dresses are made of paper!







And then it was off to the booths!













During the show, there was a 'recipe card scavenger hunt' with cards printed out of different paper stocks and processes. There were 15 in all scattered throughout the show, and of course I scavenged myself the full set!



Once we had a good first walk through of the stationery show, we headed over to the International Contemporary Furniture Fair, or ICFF. My friend Nina is an interior designer, so we went to check out some potential contacts for her. While she mingled, I guess I just took pictures of awesome lighting. Pretty funny, I didn't even realize that's what I was focusing on until I went through the photos!



(i love this little rain cloud)












..and it was all amazing because of my incredible friend, Nina. (That's her, on the left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...