Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TypeOh! Tuesday #18

Happy Tuesday! A few different sketched out type pieces this week..Lie to Me for the tv show I have recently become crazy about, Skinny Love, because, I think I've already established my love for Bon Iver..and this first piece, Whatever you've got, you've gotta go with it..because, well, I have a bit of a story for.

When I was in college, I worked part time as a customer service associate at a grocery store. One day, an 80 year old man who had come in before, just talking to talk, asked me to check his scratch off lotto ticket to see if he had won. He talked sweetly of his passed wife, and how he kept himself busy day by day with his grandkids and his sister. I handed his loser ticket back to him apologetically. He held my hand that was holding his ticket, looked into my eyes and said, “well, you know..whatever you’ve got, you’ve gotta go with it.” It was so profound to me in that moment, as he left the customer service desk, I reached for a post it, jotted these words down, and put it in my pocket to carry with me the rest of my life. This was over 5 years ago now, and not to sound cliche, but it really is as if it were yesterday.

Regardless, 80 year old man, this one’s for you:





lie to me





skinny love


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...