Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TypeOh! Tuesday #12

Welcome to the 12th TypeOh! Tuesday! I have been working very steadily on these type treatments, sometimes to the point where I draw through dinner and settle for cereal as a midnight-1ish snack...

see?







The things I do for you, TypeOh! Tuesday...

Just one drawing for today, but I'll have another one right behind it sometime tomorrow. To answer the question on my word choice - I get really caught up on the connotations of words, so much so that every time I hear a word that resonates with me (in some way or another), I immediately write it down. I have pages of written down words, so when I run into type block, I revisit those pages. I also write a lot of poetry in my spare/non work hour time, so sometimes I just use the titles.

So why the heck did I choose sap? I grew up in the country in upstate NY for my entire childhood and we had a lot of pine trees around the house, and around this time of year, sometimes a little later, I couldn't come in from playing outside without sticky palms/fingers/knees from playing around them all day. Something about the word sap that brings back a lot of sticky memories that have stuck with me all of these years. So this week, I bring you some sap...


process














sap, digital


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...